Skaggs Foundation is pleased to provide support to students pursuing education, certification and degrees in the health care field. This scholarship program ensures excellent healthcare will be available for years to come in Stone and Taney counties.
- Fall and Summer semester applications – February 20, 2023 – April 3, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. (Must have current spring scholarship to receive a summer scholarship)
- Spring semester application – September 11, 2023 – October 25, 2023 by 5:00 pm
- Have and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or greater
- Be a part or full time student
- Be in good standing with their college/university
- Maintain high moral character at all times
- Demonstrate satisfactory progress towards the degree/program completion (returning applicants)
- All Residents of Taney and Stone Counties in Missouri
- Residents of Boone County in Arkansas
- Employees and family members of Cox Medical Center Branson.
A: If you miss two consecutive semesters then yes, we will need the full scholarship application from you. For example, if you received a scholarship in the spring but did not apply for the fall semester and then you apply again for the next spring semester, we will only need your application and most current transcript.
A: Any unused funds from a current scholarship must be returned to Skaggs Foundation. Scholarship funds are awarded per semester and must be spent during that current semester. Please issue a check to Skaggs Foundation with “Scholarship funds” in the memo line. The check can be dropped off at the office or mailed to 101 Skaggs Rd. Ste. 404 Branson, MO 65616.
A: Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, books, room & board, school supplies including laptops and scrubs needed for classes. For additional questions on items please contact us!
A: Priority is given to students attending nursing or allied health science programs in the area include: College of the Ozarks, North Arkansas College, Cox College, Ozarks Technical Community College, Missouri State University, Western Governors University and Drury University. The Scholarship Committee may also approve other healthcare related programs at other accredited universities.
A: Please utilize the notes section on the application explaining the circumstance. Did you take a more advanced class? Did you have a family situation that required your attention? These are important factors the committee will consider on a case by case basis.
A: Please submit your acceptance letter to the institute you will be attending and utilize the notes section for any other important details.
Thank you for applying! Please check back next year for our Fall and Summer applications.